Sunday, March 6, 2011

The "Have Courage" Bag


For those who do not know, my love affair with Kate Spade began in high school. It was during a school trip to New York City that I made it my singular mission to find a knock-off of the classic Sam bag. I still have my black boxy bag with the gingham red lining and even with its fraying corners and peeling sticker, I still love it and use it (around forgiving company), if for no other reason than its acquired sentimentality.

Since that bag, I've been gifted a real Kate Spade (and much beloved) wallet from some very generous friends which I use everyday. And now that I'm finally a working woman, I've invested in my own purchase (on super sale, of course) and I'm in love with its balance of iconic New York City style and utilitarian functionalities: the gold hardware, the understated feminine bow, the deceptively many and spacious compartments. My favorite detail, however, was a complete surprise. On the zipper is this message:

No comments:

Post a Comment