Monday, July 16, 2012

Sunday Seven



I'm always a day late, but I've been making the most of my weekends. This is my last week of work before I take 1 week off in my last summer vacation forever. This past week was very full, in the lazy and decadent way that is so indicative of summer.



  1. Sunday brunch at Toast with M, after a brief wait due to missed connections. She wound up at the Birmingham location while I was waiting for her in Ferndale. Oops. The food was inventive and so tasty, a good match for M's intellect and passion.
  2. My lab-mate and I try to do our bus ride back to our cars together every day. This usually saves me from a lonely end to my work day.
  3. Bachellorette party for B. She was so excited and I can't wait to play for her and Dan in two weeks. 
  4. The realization that even though the final outcome may never be exactly what I want, there are still small victories and strides to be made. Baby steps still count as progress.
  5. My mom brought home Whole Foods catered leftovers 2 times this week! So tasty and an easy dinner.
  6. Weekly work schedule is constant and routine - a surprising comfort after our 10-day trip west.
  7. Grilled veggies, bean salad, and jerk chicken at J and A's new condo with Kyle and Drew. Such good food, such good company. All dinners in the summer should be casual and no-fuss like this one.



    No comments:

    Post a Comment