Thursday, May 26, 2011

In The Past Two Weeks, I...

...presented some work and hung out with my sister and cousin at a posh hotel in Phoenix.

...saw snow, geysers, and baby bears in Yellowstone National Park.


...reconsidered my opinion of Montana: it is gorgeous and I wouldn't be the only Michigan fan in the state.


...witnessed the beauty of the Grand Tetons. Everything looks better with a background of mountains.

...toured Salt Lake City and now am kind of in love with the city in the spring.

...hiked in the almost unimaginably structured but strikingly beautiful canyons and mountains of Zion National Park.


...admired the maze of hoodoos in Bryce Canyon and Canyonlands National Park.


...attested to the perfection of nature at Arches National Park.


Six states later, I'm back to being busy but I'm grateful for the opportunity to take this trip with my family. My dad especially has always wanted to make this tour and we are all glad we finally did. Also, twelve hours upon our return, I played violin as a friend married a goofy man who I remember meeting the night of their relationship's inception. Surely, a fulfilling past couple weeks.


(Photos all unedited and taken with my iPhone!)

2 comments:

  1. Zion National Park is my favorite :) It's so much more interactive than Grand Canyons and Yellowstone. Good times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You called me while I was in Zion! You're right, it was the most fun but I think Yellowstone is still my favorite... Then again, the Narrows were flooded when we were there, so I guess I'll just have to go back again!

    ReplyDelete